DealsDirect.com.au notches up decade of firsts
DealsDirect.com.au, Australia’s first and largest discount online department store, turns 10 this month and will celebrate with its 10,083,020th delivery, surprise giveaways, competitions and
10 days of dazzling discounts.
From humble beginnings, DealsDirect has achieved some impressive milestones, including serving 10 million customers and selling more than 85,000 different products across a range of lifestyle categories.
The birthday also sees DealsDirect launch a ‘magical’ new look in one of its biggest ever marketing campaigns starring a band of fun and cheeky elves to emulate the DealsDirect family, with the head elf called Gazza.
Additionally, every customer who buys from DealsDirect from August 20-29 will receive a surprise mystery gift, while a ‘Find Gazza the DealsDirect Elf’ combined Facebook and website competition will prove a lot of fun. Customers will share in thousands of dollars-worth of prizes by being one of the first 10 people to find Gazza over the 10 days.
“The secret to our success over the past 10 years is the surprise and delight. We do have a lot of fun with our customers as well, and strive to be the first and best at what we do. When it comes to looking after our customers, such as being the first online-only store to offer direct warehouse pick up with Click2Collect and live chat support 7 days per week 9am-9pm, our customers tell us they’re very happy,” said DealsDirect.com.au Head of Marketing, Elisha Booth.
“It’s why we’ve taken the highest honours in the 2014 Canstar Blue Most Satisfied Customers Award* survey for the third year running with an unbeaten five-star rating.”
And to further celebrate, here are some Deal Direct top 10 birthday facts:
1. DealsDirect started with two guys with big ideas in a small office in Sydney’s west
2. DealsDirect has sold 5,000 Lay-Z-Spa Miami Hot Tubs
3. More than 5,253 pairs of shoes have been delivered in the past 10 years
4. The biggest product ever sold was a full sized tennis table with wheels and accessories!
5. In 2007 DealsDirect delivered its one millionth parcel
6. The most popular product sold on DealsDirect over the past 10 years is the Whitelight Tooth Whitening System
7. You can buy a remote controlled cooler Esky at DealsDirect
8. An average of 19,731 deliveries are made every week
9. The most expensive product DealsDirect has sold is a Easy Rider ride-on mower ($6,499); the cheapest is iPod Jumpsuit and silicone cover at (50 cents)
10. There are 14 different types of trampolines to choose from!
-ends-For more information:
Samantha Boyd | Access PR | 0414 408 198 | 02 9292 7013 | email@example.com
Emma Reyes | Access PR | 0424 425 813 | 02 9292 7006 | firstname.lastname@example.org
About Deals Direct
Based in Sydney, Deals Direct is Australia’s original and most successful discount online department store, delivering more than four million items across the country since launching in 2004. A focus on customer service and everyday value across the entire range in 20 categories has seen the online store grow to offer 10,000 products from electronics and appliances, to furniture, homewares, rugs, pet accessories, garden supplies and more. Listed on the Australian Stock Exchange, the company also includes Top Buy and Grays Online. www.dealsdirect.com.au