May your creative cup runneth over
Inspiration and keeping your creative fuel tank full are both key components when thinking creatively. With this in mind, here’s our list of go-to websites to inspire, educate and keep you up-to-date with the latest and greatest in global creativity and innovation.
- TED Ideas worth spreading – A constant source of interesting, engaging and worthwhile talks from the world’s greatest thinkers and doers across a wide scope of industries, from science to business to global issues. It does what it says on the tin and it doesn’t disappoint.
- Brain Pickings A library of cross-disciplinary interestingness and combinatorial creativity – A lunchtime or lazy Sunday read, Brain Pickings is a self-proclaimed ‘treasure chest’ of articles spanning art, science, psychology, design, philosophy, history, politics, anthropology and more.
- Lost at E Minor For creative people – local Australian based site for the global weird and wonderful, strange and surreal.
- Buzzfeed - Everyone’s favourite alternative news site Buzzfeed is a constant source of belly aching laughs and a good way to give you a break from the tough stuff. It’s also a good place for inspiration on engaging and viral pic and video content.
- Trend Hunter # 1 in trends – A visually led site for your daily dose of innovative ideas, viral news and pop culture. If you like looking at rather than reading about all that is cool and new, this is the site for you. It’s also draws from a global community so is as deep as it is wide.
- The Cool Hunter Roaming the globe so you’re in the know – A culture and design website which is focused on the uber cool, uber thoughtful and in many cases uber premium of the world. Be warned you will leave this site thinking, “If only I had more money/style/swagger”!
- Springwise Inspiring business ideas – THE site for creativity at its most useful best. The site features global updates on innovative, unique and promising business ventures. You will regular say things like, “WOW, what a fantastic idea” and “I wish I’d have thought of that” when reading.
- Trend Watching Consumer trends and insights – Top site for getting to grips with consumer trends with several free publications for download as well as a superb annual trends report. Will make you sound super smart and savvy in front of colleagues and clients alike, and is pretty useful for exploring new territories and areas of interest.
- Cog Lode Brain gems for decision makers – Created by UK digital studio Ribot, this site distils the latest behavioural economics and consumer psychology research down into helpful little brain gems. Interesting tidbits which inform, educate and inspire.
- PSFK Live work and play better –This site has long been a go-to for interesting content from the advertising, arts and culture, design, retail, technology and travel worlds. Good spot for a download on the latest innovation news from big brands around the world.